Thursday, January 15, 2009

In the hospital...

On Wednesday, January 14th I was having lots of pain at work, I called my mom and she said that we probably should go to the hospital just to make sure everything was okay.  I had another manager cover for me so I could leave.  I started thinking that these pains were contractions, so I timed them while I drove home to meet my mom.  I called  Randy to let him know what was happening, he also was at work but I told him to stay just in case it wasn't anything.  The contractions were 5 minutes apart and very strong to where I don't remember making it home.  My mom then came to my house about 10 minutes after I got home and took me to McKay Dee.  I went into their clinic on the Labor and Delivery floor, the nurses were amazing and so kind.  I filled out the proper paperwork while hooked up to the monitors...I was still having contractions about every 4 minutes at that point.  One of the nurses knew that something was wrong so she called my doctor to see if she could check everything.  Sure enough I was dilated to a 4...well I was freaking out because I still have about 7 weeks until my due date.  They immediately called my doctor and she said to admit me to the hospital until I have the baby.  The nurses got me lots of drugs to stop the contractions and then I was hooked back up to monitors.  I called Randy again and told him he probably should come just in case the drugs wouldn't stop Luke from coming out.  Randy was so nervous, you could just hear it in his voice.  It was so sad because he had no clue what to do, say or expect.  He asked my mom and I 4 different times what room I was in...it was really cute.

The baby is doing great at this point and has a very strong heart beat and he weighs 4 lbs as of last Friday.  I talked to the NICU nurse about what can happen to baby Luke when he arrives.  She was very honest in telling me what we are facing.  I know that everything will be okay, Jared and Randy gave Luke and I a blessing that night and I have felt so much better.  There is so much going thru my head right now about what can happen.  All of the nurses are being positive and telling me that since I am passed 33 weeks everything will be fine, I guess it's really scary when it's before that.  So that's good!!!  My doctor said that I have to stay in the hospital for 2 weeks and if nothing is happening then I will go home and wait to see what happens.  If my water breaks and everything starts progressing then I will deliver but they are wanting to push me for the full 2 weeks.  So now I am on bed rest until Luke comes!  My doctor said that she doesn't think that I will be able to go the full 2 weeks, so we will see what happens.  

I'll keep you updated on what is going on since I have a lot time now.  I'll be posting lots of stuff from Christmas and other fun things we have done.  Also I finally have some belly pictures to show you all.

1 comment:

Sherilyn said...

We were so glad to hear that they were able to stop the labor for now. The long Luke can hold off the better it will be. We will continue to pray for you, the baby and Randy. It must have been a long ride to the hospital for Randy not knowing what was happening to you or the baby. Hank in there. We love you

Love,
Mark & Sherilyn