Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day #8...

Today was a hard day, I had long contractions and they were about 4-5 mins apart.  My doctor told the nurses they had to give me a shot of Terb.  Well I had that and normally it will stop the contractions within about 5 minutes, but it didn't work this time.  I was still having them and they were getting longer and stronger.  So they gave me another shot of the Terb, that medicine makes me shaky and sick.  The terb worked a little bit but I was still in lots of pain, so the nurse gave me morphine in my butt!  Holy cow, I have never had morphine before.  I don't know why people take that medicine for fun.  I was even more shaky, pale white, dizzy and tired.  Pretty interesting!!  Luke finally cooperated and I took a nap which made me feel much better.  I was on the monitors for about 3 hours today.  Everything is fine now and under control.  I went on a wheel chair ride with Randy, we went down to the cafeteria and I ate raspberry sherbet.  Now I am back to watching Friends (I am now on the 8th season).

I hope everything goes well tomorrow and keep praying that he stays in for a little longer.

4 comments:

Sherilyn said...

So glad that they finally stopped the contractions. Hope that things continue to go well. Sorry you had to be in so much pain.

Katie and Rob said...

Darn it! Sorry you were in so much pain, sounds like a rough day. Hope that today is better. I think about you all the time :)

Shambray said...

I am sorry to hear you had such a rough day!!! I love Friends. I am glad you get to watch something so entertaining!

Davis Family said...

That sounds so painful! What we do for our babies :) Im glad you were able to get out of your room for a little bit.