Saturday, January 17, 2009

Day #3...

I am in the hospital still and everything is going well.  I had contractions last night but they gave me some medicine and they stopped right away.  The doctor said everything looks great he just wants to come out really bad.  She talked to me today and said we have to make it to the 35 week mark and then we will see what happens.  If I stop having contractions and I am not dilated then I go home when I reach 35 weeks.  Julia (my doctor) doesn't think I will make it that long but we will see.  She is a very honest person which I respect and like that a lot, she isn't sugar coating anything!  Randy is working right now, he isn't to excited to be there but I don't want him to waste all of his time entertaining me!!  I have been watching friends and playing my ds today, I wish I could have had time to get all of my scrap booking stuff together.  I could do a couple of albums for the time I have.  My grandma and grandpa Oman came to see me this morning.  It was nice to talk to them and get caught up because I hardly ever see them.  We got some beautiful flowers from my work, they are gerber daisies!!  My favorite!!  Well I'll keep you updated on what's going on.  I am going to try to write everyday so we have a journal of what's going on!

Something really funny that my mom told me..  Wednesday night my mom told Caden and Abby that I was going into labor and Luke might be coming soon.  They of course got sooo excited.  Caden started jumping up and down saying "I am going to be an Aunt, I am going to be an Aunt."  Then he stopped and had a funny look on his face and then said "Oops, I meant Uncle."  I think that is so funny!

Then Abby told my mom that she is glad he is coming January or February because she doesn't want him born in March.  My asked why, she just said she didn't like it.  Also a few months ago when I told her we were naming him Luke, she cried.  She didn't like the name because that was her first boyfriend in kindergarten.  But now she is finally over it!  

The kids are so cute, I love them so much.  They are watching Sadie right now.  I miss her so much, I don't get to see her for over 2 weeks.  It's like I am away from my one of my kids.  But she is with my family and she loves them so much!!

2 comments:

Davis Family said...

That is great that they some what have the contractions under control. Hopefully you can make it to 35 weeks. My doc moved my due date to Feb 27 since my baby is rather large...I went about 2 weeks ago and he was almost 5 pounds already! Since Trey was over 9 pounds my doc said he would start me if this one keeps growing the way he is. I think we are going to go with Cade. I have always loved that name :) I love watching Friends! Brings back good memories!

Katie and Rob said...

Good to hear that you and Luke are still hanging in there. I love the comments about your brother and sister, so cute! I bet everyone, especially your mom is getting so excited. I was just thinking, and thought I would offer some advice-do with it what you'd like :) So I don't know if you are planning to breastfeed or if you have read up on it or not, but since you have some time I would totally recommend getting some books and reading up on it. I had some books on it and never got to reading them before Ryan and totally wish I had. I would say, for me, getting the whole breastfeeding thing down was hands down the HARDEST thing about having a baby. Those first few weeks were so hard and it was mostly due to Ryan not breastfeeding correctly. We would both get so frustrated and I wasted alot of time with him doing it wrong-and he lost weight-more than he should have. I made some major mistakes-using a nipple shield (which tore me up badly) pumping and feeding him solely through a bottle. Finally about 3 weeks into it we got the hang of it and life became so much more enjoyable. Anyways, sorry for all the information, and if Luke comes early you will be in a whole different situation with the NICU, but I guess my long winded message is to read up on it if you have the time, because it can be the hardest thing ever. And if you are not planning to breastfeed, then disregard my ramblings and enjoy the bottle! :) Anyways hang in there, and enjoy some good sleep!