Friday, January 23, 2009

Day #9

Today has already been a lot better than yesterday.  Except for my crazy nurse that woke me up at 7am and turned on the lights.  I was so shocked that she did that!!  Then she said to me well I am not the nice nurse, sorry.  Wow, what do you say to that.  I am glad that she wasn't the nurse yesterday, I probably would have had Luke.  She is a rough around the edges type of person.  When she was checking my breathing and the baby she was pushing so hard.  Kinda funny!  All I can do is laugh about it and be grateful for the other nurses I have had and pray that I will get one of them next.

I took a tour of the NICU this morning with Randy and my mom.  It was very interesting, sad and calming all in the same feeling.  I feel more at ease now that I know what a great NICU they have here and how knowledgeable the nurses are.  The babies were so tiny, all of them were on feeding tubes.  They showed us a 5 lb boy that was born at 34 weeks, WOW very little but he was doing so well!!  The nurses were at high hopes since I am almost 35 weeks.

1 comment:

Chelsie said...

brit, i'm so glad that little luke and you are still doing alright! what hospital are you at? we should come visit you.