Saturday, March 07, 2009

Why I haven't been blogging...

These past few weeks have been crazy in our home.
In between Luke's doctor appointments my mom and I threw my cousin Jessica a baby shower, made these way cute Book of Mormon books for her relief society (although they are cute I never want to do that again they were taking over our lives). Then I got really sick with a cough, fever and sore throat. Randy was also sick but he only got the yucky nose part! I was trying so hard to stay away from Luke but still nurse him so his body would get the antibodies that my body was producing. Then my cousin had her baby! His name is Zander Scot Bowen, so dang cute. It was horrible I couldn't hold him :( so I was the photographer. Well then Luke got sick!! We took him into the doctor and sure enough he has RSV however the child loves his food and weighed in at 8 pounds. Thank goodness it wasn't too bad, we didn't have to go back into the hospital so that's a plus. A few days ago I was throwing up for some reason and felt horrible. I told Randy that I would rather be going thru labor again. Randy got all the way to work that morning and then I had to have him come back because I could be around Luke. That's all the poor kid needs is to be throwing up. Well Randy came home and then I had a panic attack, wow the scariest thing I have ever been thru. I felt like the room was really small, I couldn't breath or talk and I was in so much pain. Randy just sat there because he didn't know what to do, scary for both of us.
On a positive note, I am finally feeling better!! Luke is feeling much better, still has a little bit in his nose but not coughing or fevering!! Randy is doing well, tired from taking care of us. Thanks Randy for all that you do, I don't know what Luke and I would have done without you. I am so grateful that we got all the sicknesses out of the way because I am returning to work in just over a week:( (that's a negative).

3 comments:

April said...

Your household sounds like ours Brooklyn and Lily both have a mild case of RSV Paul has the nose part and I am just tired from work and trying to get things done at the house. i am glad that everyone is feeling better though

Davis Family said...

That is horrible that you were all sick! Im glad you are all starting to feel better. Nothing is worse than a sick baby :( We need to get together for lunch or something soon. I need to see your cute baby :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry for all your sicknesses. I am so happy you are feeling better. The baby shower looks amazing. You guys did such a good job!