Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Luke's Jaundice Hospital Visit..

I am not sure if I talked about this event that happened the day after we got to come home from the hospital. We went in for Luke's 4 day check up appointment, it was definately not what I was expecting. The doctor told us that his Jaundice had doubled overnight so we needed to go up to the hospital immediately. I started crying in the office (I am sure the doctor thought I was crazy) because we had just gotten home from there and I didn't want to go back. I hadn't slept in days and I was dealing with the after birth stuff along with my milk coming in and that does not feel so great (especially when I hadn't pumped in atleast 24 hours because we left a little piece to my pump at the hospital). We left the doctor's office immediately, I called my mom to let her know that we were on our way back up there. I cried for about 3 hours straight. The nurses were very nice and were taking care of us. My mom then met us there and hung out with me while Randy went to back up our stuff (luckily I hadn't gotten to the unpacking part). It was very stressful to me because we had to figure out the nursing thing in the hospital when I was given a time limit of one hour to have him changed, fed then back under the lights. I know that Jaundice was very common but I couldn't handle the part where we had to go back in the hospital after they let us go home. I wish they would have just kept me there for 3 more days. I had already been there for 2 weeks what was another 3 days...??

Here is Luke under the lights!






Luke is sunbathing under those warm lights. He slept very well but twitched a lot. I love how he is just hanging out and loving life.




Don't I look amazing?? This is taken right after I had been crying for those 3 hours... Luke was happy eating the bottle. I think him being under those lights made his hair more blonde and stick up all over his head.
Doesn't Luke look stylish??
We were only in the hospital from Friday to Sunday, so it wasn't too bad. I am glad that everything worked out and we didn't have to stay longer. His jaundice had cut in half by that monday so we definately did something right!!

3 comments:

The Walkers said...

Brittnee! I am so sorry you had to deal with that! That is really so hard to deal with, my little Aubree had jaundice but we never had to go to the hospital. I bet that was really hard for you to be there so much. I hope that everything gets better, you are such a strong person.

Meg said...

I love all the new pics he is so cute, and I love the blonde hair. I was going to say you look pretty good. I don't think I wore levis and for sure jewelry for 2 months straight sweats for me. I am so bummed I didn't get to come on Monday. So I am really hoping this Monday I really want to hold him. Glade things are going better for you. And I can not believe Luke is already 3 weeks old and I have not seen him yet.

Kat said...

Look at the little sunbather:) Little stud. Zack had a some jaundice too. Our doctor had us lay him by the windows so he could get some sun during the days:) He's just too Perfect Brit. I'm so happy for you!