Monday, February 02, 2009

Luke is here...

Our beautiful baby boy is here!! We named him Lucas Scott Bates. He weighed 4lbs 8oz and is 17 1/2 inches long. He is doing very well, he didn't have to go in the NICU!! There was so many people in the delivery room to make sure that he was okay. I went to the delivery room at 7:30 am on January 27th. I laid there waiting for Randy and the nurses to get there for a few minutes just thinking about what was going to happen. My biggest fear has always been giving birth. Well I achieved it!! It wasn't as bad as I thought it could be. The doctor showed up around 9 and told me that I was dilated to a 6 and they would start the medicine to get the process rolling. She did break my water all the way (what a crazy feeling)!! I was feeling contractions getting heavier and closer together. The nurse ordered for the epideral but the guy that does it got stuck in the other room with a different patient. So I was feeling everything!!!! finally he got there and I sat up so I could lean over the bed and have him put that wonderful needle in my back, well I thought I was going to faint and throw up. Worst feeling ever! I didn't feel the epideral because I was so focused on my contractions and feeling horrible. After that was done the nurse checked me and I was dilated to a 10!! Oh my gosh that went by so fast. I called Randy to get his cute little butt back in the room along with my mom and Hannah. They called Jared to get to the hospital also.
The nurse told me I couldn't laugh, cough or move because that baby would pop out. I waited and waited (also slept for a bit) for my doctor, she was in another surgery. Julia finally got there and said to me "Wow Brittnee why did you go so fast, you weren't supposed too!" Everyone made it back into the room and the baby was born. That's how fast it went! LITERALLY!! I had him at 11:26 am and was back to my other room by 1.
I don't have pictures right now because we need to download them but I just wanted to let everyone know that we are doing well. We did have to go back in to the hospital on friday because of his Jaundice, lets hope we don't have to go back. Luke has his doctor appt tomorrow so we will find out everything.
Thanks for all the phone calls, text messages, gifts, comments and etc. We love each one of you and thank you again for keeping us in your prayers. Please keep us in them because we still have a long road ahead of us!!

7 comments:

Sherilyn said...

So glad that Luke is here and healthy. He looks so much like Randy. So glad that you are doing well also. I bet you are finally gald to be home with you beautiful little baby. We love you and contine to pray that all contines to go well and that Luke gets to stay home with mom and dad. No more visits to the hospital. Will make it up soon to see you all. Love ya tons.

Chelsie said...

congrats!! that is so great that he didn't have to go to the nicu too! what a sweet little boy, i'm excited to see pics. i hope you're doing well

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Yay, I am so excited for little Luke. I am so happy everything turned out okay. I am looking forward to the photos. I hope you're feeling well.

Anna said...

Congrats lady! I am so glad it all went well! Hope you guys are adjusting to life as parents easily! I cant wait to see pics he must look so tiny!

Katie and Rob said...

Congrats Brittnee! I am so glad to hear that it all went well. I am so jealous that he just "popped" out, you lucky girl! Hope the jaundice is clearing up. I am so excited to see pictures! Hope you are finding some time to rest :)

Shambray said...

Oh my gosh I am so happy to hear everything went well! That is awesome! I can't wait to see pictures of him.
P.S. My biggest fear is to give birth too so that makes me feel better that you say it is not bad.

Meg said...

Congrats girl! I am so glade he is here and healthy and didn't have to go to the nicu. I keep looking everyday to see if there is any pics but I understand how busy the first few weeks are. Love ya girl can't wait to come see ya guys.